Hi, my name is Anna, Anna Corrales…
When I was 28, I quit my day job, gave most of my things away or sold, and with the money I booked my first one-way ticket of my life. Since then I have been realising my dreams and traveling around the world.
The initial shock among my parents and friends was great. In the meantime, however, they can no longer get enough of my stories, I’ve seen so much in over 43 countries and on 6 continents in recent years.
I often cried with joy, laughed until my stomach hurt, and experienced countless wonderful moments. But I was also annoyed, sometimes trembling with fear or just no longer knew how to proceed.
Nevertheless, the beautiful moments predominate. Always.
The goose bumps when watching a beautiful sunset in Costa Rica, for example. When the sun turned the entire evening sky into a wonderful watercolor of pink, orange, yellow and blue.
And also how incredibly magical the impressive treasure house of the rock city of Petra in Jordan lit up in the light of thousands of candles, and I sat in awe in the sand, which was cool from the night, with my mouth open in amazement.
Or when I stood in front of the Iguazú Falls in Brazil and discovered in disbelief all the little rainbows that had formed after a heavy shower in the sun, and that looked just magical. I could have screamed with happiness back then!
Everything is worthwhile for such moments, believe me!
I love mangoes, coconuts and chocolate.
I also love bucket lists. They are always so incredibly inspiring and make you want to travel. And I think my own list is the best way to get you to know me, right? Are you ready for a dose of wanderlust?
Then I’ll tell you now about all of my favorite moments from the last few years. And of course about everything I still want to discover, try out and experience!
My bucket list:
- Exploring the impressive Okavango Delta in Botswana on foot, by mokoro and from the air, and getting really close to the animals
- Live in a splendid riad in the old royal city of Marrakech in Morocco , get lost in the old maze of the lively souks, and listen to the call of the muezzin on the Djemaa el Fna
- Go on a road trip through Canada all by yourself, go in search of bears, and get off at each of the countless turquoise mountain lakes, take hundreds of photos and never cease to be amazed
- Drive through Western Australia with a camper, sleep on the most beautiful beach I can find in the sand under the stars, and snorkel with the fascinating whale sharks at Ningaloo Reef
- Stand in awe in front of the impressive Uluru in Australia, explore the infinite, red expanse of the outback, and look forward to every kangaroo discovered like a small child
- Experience a sunset in the Sahara . Watch how the color of the sand changes in the light of the setting sun from a bright yellow to a bright orange to a soft apricot, and spend the night in a traditional Berber tent
- Visit one of the fascinating Tuamotu Islands in the distant South Pacific, swim in the incredible turquoise lagoon and dive with hundreds of sharks without a cage
- Climb an active volcano and get so close to the crater rim that I can see the glowing lava, feel the heat on my face and the soles of my shoes start to melt
- In Bali, drive up into the mountains very early in the morning, watch the sun rise behind one of the impressive volcanoes, and do yoga in its warming rays on a panoramic terrace
- Walk along the enchanting Alley of the Baobabs in Madagascar, take countless pictures of the beautiful landscape and look for the cute lemurs behind the mighty trunks of these impressive trees
- Explore the wild beaches and fairytale forests of Washington State and Oregon in the USA, test whether I like Seattle as much as New York , and make a forbidden detour to the impressive Vance Creek Bridge
- A traditional butter tea in Kathmandu drink until the base camp of the Himalayan hiking, and to look for this very special spirituality Nepal go
- In the Antarctic, marvel at the beautiful snow and ice landscapes, get very close to the penguins, and smile about the fact that these cute little animals are just as clumsy as I am
- Go in search of the rare birds of paradise in Papua New Guinea, explore the absolutely pristine rainforest and take part in a traditional Sing Sing with the locals
- Explore the magical islands of Hawaii. Hike the ingenious Stairway to Heaven on Oahu, can’t shut your mouth in amazement at the impressive Kalalau Lookout, and watch the lava steaming into the sea on the Big Island
- Stroll through the old streets of Havana in Cuba and feel the magic of bygone times. Watch a sunset on the Malecón and stroll through the beautiful Valle de Viñales
- Catch the fantastic magic of Iceland on the ring road , maybe find one or two elves or trolls, and be absolutely impressed by the sheer natural beauty of the blue lagoon
- Take a road trip through the western United States . Drive through Monument Valley in your own car, hike at least halfway down towards the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon, and master the breathtaking Angels Landing Trail in the enchanting Zion National Park
- Soak up the special atmosphere of San Cristóbal de Las Casas in the mountains of Mexico, take a stroll in the colorful streets of the town, and get close to the ancient magic of the inhabitants in the mysterious church of San Juan Chamula
- In Jordan, discover what it feels like to float in the Dead Sea , hike to the beautiful monastery in the impressive rock city of Petra, and explore the red desert of Wadi Rum on the back of a camel
- Visit the Andaman Islands in India, bathe with the elephant Raja on Havelock Island on beach number 7, and then look for the orange butterflies in the coastal forest. (Nina did just that: Andaman Islands – the Garden of Eden of India )
- Float over the magical landscape of Cappadocia in a hot air balloon, enjoy an oriental dinner on one of the rustic roof terraces at sunset, and spend the night in one of the traditional cave dwellings
- Marvel at the glittering Rio de Janeiro at night from the Sugar Loaf, learn to dance salsa, climb the colorful stairs of Lapa, and eat so much delicious açai on Ipanema beach that my stomach aches
- Keep silent for 10 days in an Asian monastery
- Admire the colors of Rajasthan in northern India , look down in amazement at the golden city from Jaisalmer Fort, pay a visit to the sacred rats in their temple in Bikaner, and see the beautiful Taj Mahal with your own eyes
- Somewhere in the world, in a beautiful place, jump out of a plane with a parachute and try not to piss my pants out of sheer fear beforehand
- Experience the tooth festival with the beautiful parade of lights in Sri Lanka, wander for a whole day in the green sea of the tea plantations in the highlands of the island, climb Adam’s Peak at sunrise , and do this brilliant train ride from Ella to Kandy that everyone raves about
- Swim in the world-famous infinity pool of the Marina Bay Sands Hotel in Singapore , admire the glittering skyline of the city at night, and eat a spicy chilli crab on the Singapore River without spilling it all over the place
- Spend a warm late summer day in the southern United States, in the afternoon stroll through one of the beautiful, stately cotton plantations and admire the ancient avenues with the gnarled, moss-covered trees
- At night, swim in a warm lake full of luminous plankton , only have a few stars and nothing but lighting from above, and enjoy the bright glitter and glow with every tiny movement like a small child
- Enjoy the snow-white beaches and turquoise blue water on Zanzibar, visit the monkeys of Stone Town and become almost blind from the sheer beauty of nature
- At the Arctic Circle, take a dog sled through the enchanting winter landscape of Lapland , hoping for the northern lights every night full of excitement, and view the white wonder of nature from above with a hot air balloon
- Admire Kilimanjaro in Tanzania with his snow cap, maybe climb a part of it, but especially watch the huge herds of animals on the big hike during a safari
- Do an Ayurveda cure in India or Sri Lanka, get two hours of massages every day, do yoga and practice meditation, and relax in the process
- Bathe in the turquoise blue lagoon of Mauritius, swim with wild dolphins, and hike up to the summit of Le Morne Brabant to fully enjoy the view of this magical island
- Look down on Dubai from the tallest building in the world, take a sunset excursion into the nearby desert, and spend a lot of money shopping in the luxurious malls of the megacity
- Fly over the Maldives in a seaplane , look at the small fried egg islands from the air, explore the fascinating underwater world of the archipelago while snorkeling and diving, and once in a lifetime live in an overwater bungalow
- Spending Christmas and New Year’s Eve in New York , skating in front of the world-famous Christmas tree at the Rockefeller Center, and falling in love with this incredible city with everything I have
- Ride a rickety bike around all three Seychelles islands completely, stopping at every beautiful beach and jumping into the water at least once, and kissing all the giant turtles I come across on the head
- In Tasmania, hike the adventurous Bay of Fires Walk, camp under the stars, and keep an eye out for the Tasmanian devil
- Drive across Namibia in a camper with a roof tent , get really close to the animals and nature in this way, and climb the world-famous red dunes at sunrise
- Staying in a charming guest house in Camps Bay, splashing along with the sweet penguins on the white beach in shallow water, and to look for the best views of Table Mountain in Cape Town go
- Make the island of Palawan in the Philippines unsafe, float in the magical lagoon there in the crystal clear water, and sleep on a lonely beach far away from civilization in a simple bamboo hut without doors, windows or electricity. Also visit as many of the other 7,106 islands as possible
- Enjoy the water show in front of the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas , spend the night in one of the ingenious themed hotels directly on the Strip, and dare a free fall on the Freefall Tower of the Stratosphere Hotel at night with a gigantic view of the city
- Experience magical Japan during the cherry blossom season
- Explore the endless waterways of the Mekong Delta in Vietnam and the backwaters in Kerala with a traditional wooden boat, buy the ingredients for the meals yourself in rustic markets, and experience a lot of the everyday life of the residents
- Stand on the holy steps on the Ganges in Varanasi , try not to go crazy with all the confusion and chaos, feast on one of the famous banana classics, and attend the evening Aarti ceremony by the river
- Attend a spiritual retreat on the shores of Lake Atitlan in Guatemala, let myself be enchanted by the view of the volcanoes around the lake, and soak up the ancient magic of this place
- See the Tiger’s Nest Monastery in Bhutan with your own eyes
- Get a small tattoo during a trip so that I can remember a very special place or wonderful moment forever
- Explore all the magical places in Italy: Stroll along the Tiber in Rome , jet through the chaotic traffic of Naples on a Vespa and experience the scenic beauty of Emilia Romagna in northern Italy
- Visit San Marino , the oldest republic in the world. Stroll around the entire city on the historic fortress wall and enjoy the fantastic views of the green surroundings and the sea far in the distance
- Since Nina was in Peru and I have seen all her beautiful photos, the Rainbow Mountain in Peru , of course the Lares Trek to Machu Picchu , Puerto Maldonado , the Colca Canyon and La Paz are on my wish list.
So now you know me a little better and hopefully you are full of ideas and inspiration for many trips to come. Please feel free to browse a little further through my travel blog, there is so much more of it.
Oh yes, for the latest photos and stories from my travels, please follow me on Facebook and Instagram . Wanderlust guaranteed!